From Steal This Wiki
Outside Links to Resources
- American Public Transportation Association - Search for public transportation by city. Questionably free.
- Backpackers.com - This site has TONS of tips on traveling and backpacking.
- eRideShare.com - Carpools may not be totally free, but very resourceful.
- Guide to Sleeping in Airports - Just what it says. Lets you know what to expect if you're held over in airports around the world.
- National Runaway Switchboard - Get a ticket home if you need one. If you're under 18, you have to be returning to a legal guardian. Over 18, other arrangements can be made. (1-800-RUNAWAY)
- Travelers Aid International - "Mission: To advance and support a network of human service provider organizations committed to assisting individuals and families who are in transition, or crisis, and are disconnected from their support systems." Not always free, but they can help you out (or direct you to someone who can) if you're ever stranded. Note: If you're trying to get back to the USA, you'll need a valid USA passport.